Ten-8 Security provides Cochrane home checks throughout the Cochrane, Calgary and the surrounding area. We are fully insured and licensed not only by the Town of Cochrane but also by the Solicitor Generals Department of Alberta.
We customize our Cochrane home checks to meet your needs and we respect your home or business like it is our own. Our services are not only available for holiday goers but also for workers who are out of town on a rotational basis. Homes vacant due to relocations and realtor listed are also properties we check.
While you are away on business, vacation or at your vacation property for an extended period of tome, our regular home inspections and walkthroughs provide peace of mind and meet your insurance requirements. Our Cochrane home checks provide that “lived in” look while you are away.
- Interior and exterior inspections.
- Mail and flyers picked up on a regular basis
- Snow removal or grass cutting services on request
Typically we will meet you at your residence and determine your requirements and concerns. During this free consultation we will go through the range of options and costs. We make sure we can service your home check requirements fully and then prepare an agreement for your approval.
Should you contract our services, and within 48-72 hours of your departure we will meet with you and go through your home together, pick up the keys and any alarm codes if necessary. We at that time will have a contact sheet completed with all pertinent information should we have to contact you. We will also have you sign a letter authorizing us to be in your residence/business during your absence. Upon your return you will receive a detailed list of what we checked and when we checked it. Of course we can be reached any time during your absence either via phone or email.
Snowbirds & Holiday Goers
Most insurance policies require home checks with complete walkthrough every 48 or 72 hours. Please insure you get this information in writing from your insurance company to insure you are following the terms of your policy.
We normally check the following on each visit:
- Doors and windows
- Furnace/heating, air conditioning (seasonal) and water tank
- Smoke detectors and Carbon Monoxide detectors
- All electrical appliances (we do recommend that you unplug all however)
- Running facets, flushing and checking toilets
- Refrigerator and freezers
- Adjust blinds and rotate lights when necessary
- Replacing any burnt out light bulbs
- Ensuring mail, flyers and newspapers are brought in
- Starting any vehicles if requested
Other checks can be made and scheduled upon request.